Social Media Content Tips For Musicians:
Updated: Jun 19
If you're a musician looking to build your social media presence, here are some tips that might help:
1. Be consistent: Try to post regularly, at least two posts a week, to keep your music in the minds of your followers, DJs & bloggers.
The constant traffic on Facebook and Instagram and the changing algorithms can be cruel tribulations to your content. It is essential to keep posting and stay on your followers' feeds and minds.
2. Engage with your fans: Respond to comments and messages, don't force yourself into it if it's not in your nature; if it is too much for you, a reaction or emoji to your follower's comments can be just what you need to engage with them. Your fans will appreciate the personal touch.
3. Use hashtags: Hashtags can help your content get discovered by people who aren't already following you. Try to use relevant hashtags that are popular in your genre.
4. Share your process: Fans love to see what goes on behind the scenes. Feel free to share pictures or videos of your rehearsals, recording sessions, or songwriting process. Remember to take pics and videos; make a reminder on your phone the next time you're in the studio.
5. Collaborate with other musicians: Collaboration can help you reach new audiences and build relationships with other artists. Try to find musicians whose style complements yours and reach out to them. Ask them to make remixes to your music or to share each other's posts.
6. Always be authentic and genuine to yourself; if you try to fake it, it won't work. You can share topics of interest from different fields or make individual posts from your day-to-day life, keeping it around 30% of your overall content.
Show Your True Colors!